Saturday, April 4, 2009

Its Bath Time!

Hey everyone, I know I haven't been keeping up with this blog lately, but I AM BACK! Ok so heres why.

I left for the states in mid February to go see family! My cousin was getting married, my mother was missing me, my sister and I needed to catch up, and most of all I needed to be in CALI for awhile! I needed the vacation just as much as my mother Elizabeth did, and everyone else who took me in and hangout with me in the time that I spent out there. If I can I'll upload some photos from my trip, so you all believe me!

Well, of course when you go back to your home town everyone wants to see you! However, everyone wanted to see what cake I was going to make! My old supervisor at my old job in California, was having a baby and my best friend was throwing a surprise party. So guess what I made, yep thats right, THE CAKE! Who would have thought. The theme was ducks, and she was expecting a baby boy so blue was definetly essential. Well, anyways without further ado here it is the Bath Time Cake:

The 3 layered cake.

Cupcakes to go with the cake.

Close up of the ducks on the cupcakes.

The close up shot of the topper. The bath tub is cake.

The tub, water, duck, and fauset.

The shirt up close.

The pants up close.

The clogs or shoes up close.

This is when I first made it. It is not on the cake, but this is the only picture I had that shows the detail work on the towl.

The cupcakes and cake all together. I think it turned out great, but as always I see the flaws and I see where I could have done better.

No comments: